Terms and Conditions
Services provided by Tau-Ceti Co-operative Ltd (per domain):
- One SSH login
- Access to web services under Apache.
- Access to a MySQL database.
- An email address will be provided to contact Tau Ceti active support.
- Primary and secondary DNS.
- Email services:
- POP3, IMAP, POP3S and IMAPS protocols for email management will be available.
- Account names and aliases can be managed by the subscriber.
Additional services to those above may be made available on arrangement with the co-operative. If an additional service is made available in some cases extra fees, determined on a case by case basis, may apply.
Subscribers acknowledge that:
Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd is a volunteer effort. While best efforts will be made to resolve any problems that may show up commercial standards of response and support are not guaranteed.
Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd will not be held liable for hostile or malicious content passing through the email system. It is the responsibility of the subscriber to adequately protect themselves from such content.
While best efforts will be made to maintain security, Tau Ceti Co-operative will not be held liable for any breaches in security or the consequences thereof.
It is the responsibility of the subscriber to keep back ups of any content, files, databases, or email they have on Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd's facilities. No backups are done of subscriber data.
The billing dates for the co-operative are the 1st March and the 1st September each year, with bills being for a period of six months in advance. New subscribers will be billed to the next billing date in addition to their set up fee. Invoices will be sent to subscribers at least 28 days prior to the due date.
Invoices will be sent to the contact email address provided by the subscriber and are due on the billing date the invoice is for, or within 28 days, whichever is sooner.
While invoices are billed in advance at regular intervals, if the circumstances of the Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd change dramatically, such as our service provider dramatically increases our fees, it may be necessary to issue another round of invoices in order to make up the shortfall. In the event this happens and a subscriber wishes to stop using our services, the subscriber will have until 4 weeks after the due date of the new invoice to make alternative arrangements.
Action taken by Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd for non-payment by existing subscribers, without prior arrangement, of invoices issued are:
2 weeks in arrears: Web disconnection
4 weeks: Email disconnection
6 weeks: Total disconnection.
Setup fee will need to be paid to re-establish the service.
Action taken by Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd for non-payment by existing subscribers, without prior arrangement, of invoices issued for additional services are:
4 weeks in arrears for secondary DNS services: Termination of service 4 weeks in arrears for limited co-hosting: Termination of service
Action taken by Tau Ceti Co-operative Ltd for non-payment by new subscribers, without prior arrangement, of invoices issued are:
4 weeks in arrears: Total disconnection. Setup fee will need to be paid to re-establish the service.
Invoices must be settled before any action is taken to re-establish any disconnected service.
Subscribers must not use the services provided for anti-social, questionable, or risky behaviour, such as, but not limited to:
- Sending unsolicited email.
- Hosting questionable material, e.g. porn, copyrighted material.
- Offering creation of email accounts to unknown third parties.
- Knowingly release virii, worms or trojans.
- Covertly port scanning or probing machines on the internet from the co-locate server.
- Behaving in a manner that is likely to infringe on other subscribers rights to use the services provided.
- You should make yourself familiar and comfortable with our terms and conditions and our privacy statement.
- We have a comprehensive outline of our operations.
- Our standing orders provides a detailed schedule of our fees.
- Our rules detail the governance of our co-operative.